Based on the recent decisions of the Council of Ministers within the framework of the strategy for the gradual restart of the economy and social activity, it is recalled that, based on the Decree, dated 28 May, as of 1 June:
- Gatherings of 20 persons in homes are allowed, including minors and permanent residents.
- Gatherings of more than 20 persons in homes are allowed only for weddings and christenings, and provided that approval was granted in advance from the Health Services of the Ministry of Health, on the basis of a relevant protocol.
- The presence of congregants during religious services and other forms of religious worship, is allowed with a maximum physical presence of 50% of the capacity of the place of religious worship. Individuals aged 12 and over must possess a SafePass. The presence of congregants in the courtyards of places of religious worship is allowed in accordance with the guidelines.
- The simultaneous physical presence of up to 20 persons in places of religious worship for prayer is allowed.
- Ceremonies such as weddings, christenings and funerals are allowed, provided that the physical presence of individuals in the space of the ceremony does not exceed 50% of its capacity. Individuals aged 12 and over must possess a SafePass.
- Social ceremonies such as weddings, christenings, graduation parties, etc., are allowed in catering establishments, event halls, hotel facilities, nightclubs and music venues under the following conditions:
- 150 persons in an indoor space for lunch or dinner, or
- 280 persons in an outdoor space for lunch or dinner
- Cocktail parties are allowed with a maximum number of 250 persons at any given time only in an outdoor space.
- All individuals aged 12 and over in indoor spaces must possess a SafePass.
- The operation of all private institutes and private education centres, including social activities is allowed, according to the capacity of each room of the establishment and with a minimum number of physical presence, if desired by the manager of the establishment, of 7 individuals, including the tutor. Individuals aged 12 and over must possess a SafePass in institutes and social activities taking place indoors.
- The holding of conferences and trade exhibitions is allowed, with 50% maximum physical presence of the premises’ capacity. For indoor spaces, all individuals aged 12 and over must possess a SafePass.
- The operation of casinos is allowed with 50% maximum physical presence of the premises’ capacity. For indoor spaces, all individuals aged 12 and over must possess a SafePass.
- The operation of theatres, amphitheatres, cinemas, and display halls is allowed, with a maximum number of 50 spectators or at 50% of the premises’ capacity in open-air or indoor spaces. For indoor spaces, all individuals aged 12 and over must possess a SafePass.
- The operation of indoor and outdoor playgrounds, luna parks and theme parks is allowed, without holding social events.
- The physical presence of 50% of the total number of employees in private businesses providing services is allowed, as well as in departments/services of the public and wider public sector, with the exception of Essential Services.
For any further guidance regarding this procedure or if you require an initial consultation, please do not hesitate to contact our Law Firm at email@example.com, +357 22 251 777 or +357 25 261 777 or please visit our office in Nicosia or Limassol.