Update on Ban on Travel Relating to the Paphos and Limassol Districts for COVID Measure
In the follow up to the emergency measures announced yesterday for controlling the coronavirus pandemic and in respect with the Districts of Lemesos and Pafos, it is specifically clarified that the movement of persons to and from the two Districts is forbidden, as well as between the two Districts, for leisure purposes or any other purpose, save for the following exceptions:
- Transportation of goods/merchandise and raw materials to businesses, regardless of District, which remain activated, provided the necessary bill of sale is produced.
- Movement of workers, provided they possess a relevant employee movement confirmation form issued by their employer, provided they are absolutely needed for the functioning of the active enterprises at: construction sites, oil installations, food industries and agricultural products, movement for reasons of emergency repair – maintenance of machinery/devices, and pharmaceutical companies, if they cannot work remotely. It is noted that the movement of workers in retail trade companies is forbidden and also in companies providing services.
- Movement of journalists and Mass Media employees, provided they hold a valid press card and a movement confirmation form issued by their employer.
- Movement of workers in services, projects, works or activities which are necessary for the following:
- Securing the constant supply of electricity,
- Securing water supply for household purposes,
- Securing the functioning of telecommunications,
- Safe operation of air transport and air traffic control,
- Functioning of prisons,
- Repair or maintenance of the equipment and electromechanical installations of the National Guard and the Police, including the Fire Service.
- The safe operation of the ports,
- Safe Waste Management and State Strategic Reserves,
provided they possess an employee movement confirmation form issued by their employer.
- Transportation of persons arriving at or departing from the Airports of Larnaka and Pafos and the Port of Lemesos, provided they carry with them for verification purposes a copy of the ticket, clearly bearing the date and time of the flight and the passenger’s name.
- Transport of goods to and from Lemesos Port, Larnaka Port, Larnaka Airport and Pafos Airport, between all districts, bearing the employee movement confirmation form issued by the employer and the relevant goods delivery document.
- Parcel delivery services/courier companies and private security services between all districts, bearing the relevant employee movement confirmation form issued by the employer and the relevant goods delivery document.
- Movement of athletes and teams for training purposes for matches taking place in the context of Premier League sports championships, as well as for National Teams. Provided that for the training, the said persons must carry with them a confirmation form of the date and hour of training or/and the match.
- Movement of means of mass transport and taxis, between all districts.
- Movement of divorced parents or estranged parents, who may visit their children by court order, which they must carry with them during their movement.
- In exceptional circumstances of an emergency situation, where the constitutional rights of a litigant are at immediate risk, the movement of a lawyer or the litigant shall be permitted, upon the granting of a relevant confirmation by the Chief Registrar. Provided that the said confirmation may be supplied, among other means, through facsimile or email.
- Travel of farmers and livestock workers, provided they produce a form of hectare or animal subsidy by KOAP or, in case this is not available, a relevant confirmation form by the District Agricultural Office.
It should be noted that all employees and all the persons included in the above categories should hold a negative molecular test (PCR), valid in the last 7 days, beginning on Wednesday 18/11/2020 at 5 a.m.
It is clarified at the same time that the following are defined as essential services:
- The Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance, including all of its Departments/Services,
- The Ministry of Health, including all of its Directorates/Departments/Services, as well as the State Health Services Organization and the Health Insurance Organization and their Directorates and/or Services;
- The Public Health Departments of the Local Authorities and those of the public and wider public sector,
- The Ministry of the Interior, including all of its Departments/Services and Directorates,
- The Administration and the Department of Information Technology Services (DITS) of the Deputy Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy.
- The Consumer Protection Service, as well as the Registrar of Companies and Official Receiver of the Ministry of Energy, Trade and Industry,
- The Cyprus Intelligence Service,
- The Law Office of the Republic,
- The Ministry of Justice and Public Order, the Police, the Fire Service and the Department of Prisons,
- The Administration of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works, the Department of Civil Aviation, the Department of Electrical and Mechanical Services, the Postal Services Department and Public Works Department,
- The Veterinary Services, the Forestry Department and the Water Development Department of the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment,
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth, including its Directorates/Departments and Services,
- The Citizens Service Centres
- The Customs Department,
- The Tax Department,
- The Presidency of the Republic,
- The Council of Ministers and the Secretariat of the Council of Ministers,
- The House of Representatives,
- The Courts and the Court Registrars (including their employees)
- Ministry of Defence and the National Guard,
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including its Directorates/Departments,
- The Treasury of the Republic,
- The Ports Authority, the Ports and Services within the Ports, private and public hospitals, clinics, medical and diagnostic centres,
- Essential Services of airports and airline companies,
- Telecommunication Services and the Cyprus Radio,
- The Cyprus Electricity Authority (CEA),
- The Water Boards and Desalination Stations,
- The Investigative Committee for the Exceptional Granting of Citizenships to Foreign Investors and Entrepreneurs, appointed by the Attorney General of the Republic via a Decree (R.A.A. 406/20 and 467/20), and its personnel.
For any further guidance regarding this procedure or if you require an initial consultation, please do not hesitate to contact our Law Firm at [email protected], , +357 22 251 777 or +357 25 261 777 or please visit our office in Nicosia or Limassol.